06 May, 2010

Patients


I came back from my Grandpa's about an hour ago. (It's 3-ish right now.) And whenever I see something my Grandmother did, I always wanted to draw something with lips, so this came to mind.

This picture my grandma did was made by threads. The lady was naked, but it came out so nicely, I don't think I'd have the patients to work with strings. I remember her trying to teach me how to knit when I was four, and she was perhapes the only lady who had the patients to try and teach me how to do it left handed, haha.

Now, this girl here looks nothing like the picture, but the picture was inspired by my grandma.

Both my grandmas had an artistic streak, really. My Uma did landscapes, and use to cut out paper swans, and flowers with me, while I'd plop myself beside my grandma while she would knit, or watch her make a dragon out of wood. Same with my Bumpa, he'd make flawless cupboards, chairs, you name it.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment